anyone in orlando

saltyj

Well let me put in my two cents here. Caestrada sorry it has been so long, we will get together though soon. I just got married and it has been hectic. Anyway I go to aquaholics and sometimes I feel like she wants a sale, but I enjoy asking her questions because she is willing to answer them all. I love ocean blue, but it is a little far and a little pricy. I got some large pieces of LR from their 8 yr old system though for 5.99 a lb I though that was a good deal, it was covered in coraline. I have been to jacks place and it is a small selection, but the mananger is really cool and helpful. I have been to a place that I will never ever ever go again. It is called aquarium aqualife on Osceola Pkwy. The guys fish always look sick and I left a starfish there and he said he would sell it for me, well a week later I went back and he said it just dissappeared. I was not happy. Also I have been to Seven seas and I got a great deal on some xenia. I agree that it is one of the best. I have heard that fishy bussiness treats you like crap. The Aquarium does have a large tank and did not meet my expectations, but they have moved to that location in the last 5 months, I think so every time I go in it gets a little better. Also I am going to make a purchase from SWF.com real soon I think that we have the advantage living so close to its headquarters so I want to support them at all cost. Anyway that is it for now, keep me posted on anymore stores in our area.

r@ise

Originally posted by korgull
The boss/owner, who i would bet some money is the kids dad,

Hehe, I used to work there. A.D. is the owner, and you were probably talking about Ryan. He is like 15, but no that is not his dad. Either that or John, the store manager. Was he latin/hispanic or white?
As far as quality is concerned, no one compares to AMAZING. I was part of the maint. crew and we did ALOT of high profile tanks for some big local names...
Although I got "fired" from there for no reason, I still think they are the best around.

phishman1

cindy,
I would highly recommend
Amazing Aquariums on Nova road
Poseidon Aquariums also on Nova
The Fish Tank is good price wise, but fish are a little suspect.
That is also on Nova...
Best bet coming from Palm Coast is to exit on LPGA, east to Nova, then south (right) on Nova, Fish Tank is first, strip mall next to Mason, Poseidon next, right before Beville Road, strip mall on right, and Amazing is next, Reed Canal light, look on your right, by Texaco station.
Coral Reef is nice, but the people are crazy high on their prices, I wouldn't buy there, but your decision.

cindyski

phishman,
i have the fish tank building my new set up, so i am glad you said their price is reasonable phew..... it seems fair to me really. but i will be careful when selecting fish and things.
dont know if you read any of my other posts but i have a 125 (tank (not drilled & custom stand) for sale if you know of anyone looking.
thanks
cindy

csrobe02

Yea I know this is an old post, but I figured I would bring it back from the dead because I found an AWESOME LFS. Its a place called seainthecity and it is owned by a guy named Doug. He has over 10 years experiance, and has the widest selection of corals I have ever seen. Everything he has is very healthy, and theres alot of very very nice colored stuff (ricordea, zoos, mushrooms, SPS... everything!). The liverock he has is amazing, if you look in his holding tank he has mushrooms, GPS's, and all types of corals growing on the live rock ($5 per lb)
If you are interested give me an Email and I will send you the website, address, phone number and all that good stuff. (CSRobe02@yahoo.com)
Again sorry to bring back such an old post, but I am just excited to find such a cool place!
This is one of the tanks that he maintains (that is him on top of the tank). It is located in the Orlando International Airport near the food court that they just opened by the Hyatt hotel:

pmcrazi

Hi all fellow O-towner...I am fairly new to this message board, but have been in the Orlando area for 12 years now, and into the saltwater tanks just 1 year... this message board is sooo amazing, I have stayed up 1/2 the night reading posts to learn what I can. Anyway, if anyone her in the Orlando area is selling frags, I am looking for zoo's, shrooms, zenia, etc. Right now I am just getting my green star polyps going so I don't have anything to trade, but my green $$ is good... LOL. I can give a 2 thumbs up to Doug at Sea in the City... his "small" store is right around the corner from my house, and he has some really nice stuff. I also have purchased my tanks and things from Petland on 436 by Walmart, the owner there is named Eric and he has been very helpful, and has ordered me a few items ( I also purchased my puppy from there a few years ago). Anyway, feel free to email me if we can do business.
Thanks,
Karen pmcrazi@bellsouth.net

S

shouse

X3 on Sea in the CIty. Does anyone in Fl have goods or livestock for sale? thanks

kwikranger

I'm in O-Town Right near UCF... in fact I'm a full time student there, but that's besides the point. I have a 10 gal setup and a 20 gallon tank that'd make a good sump, both for sale. I'd rather trade a tank and some $ for a 30 gal setup though. :thinking: I'm looking DESPERATELY for a 30 Gal setup, at least a tank that I can get at a good price. I'd go bigger but... I live in an apartment. :rolleyes: Once I get ahold of that 30 Gal I will have my first saltwater tank EVER. Yes, I am a NooB. But I'm really anxious to get this thing started up. If anybody would like to get togeather, I would Love to see some tanx and chill and meet some new friends.
10 Gal setup for sale/trade
20 Gal Sump Tank for sale/trade
30 Gal setup DESPERATELY Wanted... Will pick up.
I hope to meet some people soon
-Dave

misty7850

We go to the following lfs
Amazing Aquarium:
Excellent place, they are very knowledgable and helped walk us through our sw tank start up. they have good quality livestock. (our all time favorite place to go)

The Coral Reef:
They are ok, have some nice stuff, but can be expensive. sometimes we find a good buy there.
Posiedon:
They too have some nice livestock. I don't care for their lr though. They too are very knowledgable and helpful.
Mr. Petman:
They get in some nice pieces of live rock now and again, but that is very expensive between 8-14 dollars a pound :eek:
Some of their livestock is ok.

pmcrazi

Misty are those all out in the Daytona Area? Also I was wondering if your 30g is a reef tank how many and what kind of power heads do you have?
Thanks,
Karen
Orlando-er

misty7850

I have a power sweep 214and a maxijet 900, one on each end of the tank. also Rio 600 supplementing my skimmer.
Are yours reef tanks Karen ? and if so what are you using for power heads ?
Yes all those are in Daytona are. Amazing Aquariums and Posieden are on Nova Rd. There is also another one called The Fish Tank on Nova Rd.
The Coral Reef is off Halifax Drive.
Mr Petman is on Ridgewood Ave, South Daytona. But they do not "Specialize" in SWF, they do have a few livestock and supplies.
I haven't been out Orlando way yet, but hope to go soon to check out what is in the area.

kwikranger

I have found 1 verry Excellent LFS over here in O-Town. I believe someone has mentioned it earlier, but I concour... Sea In The City, is the Best LFS i've been too so far in my Life. The owner has MANY years experience to back him up, many other jobs maintaining other people's setups like the one pictured above, and has UNBEATABLE prices. Great Liverock, Tons of Corals, All the supplies any of us could want, and he is very willing to help you with anything you need. IMO this place is the best, and once I can get a good setup, SITC is going to be the place I go for EVERYTHING.
-Dave

pmcrazi

Misty- thanks for the info. My 36g bow is marine I started with FOWLR, but I am slowly switching it over to try some corals. I do have a 72g bow, but it is my freshwater tank with my parrots, rams, kribensis, and others. On my salt tank right now I just have 1 powersweep, and am looking to get another ph, have heard the seio's are the best, they just seem a little pricey. My new pc lights should be coming in today, I ordered Orbit 2x65w with lunars- can't wait to pick them up.
Dave- I live right around the corner from SITC, and yes they are great. Have you been there recently?? I'm just wondering if Doug is back. Last 2 times I have been up there, a girl is working and she says Doug is out of town or something. No offense to her, but she definitely isn't as knowledgable as Doug.
Karen

kwikranger

Yeah I'll agree with you there. I havn't been recently, but I would LOVE to go back again SOON. I need to get some more pricing. and find ouit if I should juss buy my setup new, cuz right now I am W/O tank cuz NOBODY wants to sell a 30 gal. I would Love to come see your setup and speak with someone who is knowledgable on the topic. If you want to meet some time, I live near UCF. It shouldn't be more than about 20 mins for me to get to SITC. I want to head over there this weekend, and check out some more stuff. Hit me up if you want to meet ova there.
AIM: KwikRanger302
-Dave

pmcrazi

WAHOOOO- got my new lights hooked up, they are awesome!!! Orbit 2x65w pc's w lunar lights- very nice. So if anyone local is wanting to buy a 30" dual strip light LMK. It is just 1 yr old, and has brand new bulbs in it. 1 reg sunglow, and 1 marine blue actinic bulb. Also, if anyone in Orlando area is selling frags LMK. I am looking for xenia, zoo's, shroom's etc. LMK,
Karen

kwikranger

He-ey Karen! How much for your Dual Strip Light? And would you recommend it for a 30 gallon up and coming seef setup? If so and you're selling at a good price. I might be your buyer. Glad to hear that you are happy with your new lights. :)
-Dave

pmcrazi

Dave I had to upgrade from my dual fl strip to the pc's because I wanted to get some corals instead of just fish. They did do well for my gsp, but it was recommended to me to upgrade my lights for pc's. They are a good start, and if you are still interested you can email me and we can talk price.
Karen
pmcrazi@bellsouth.net

kwikranger

He-ey Karen. thanks much for the offer, but I all the sudden found a good price on a VHO retrofit setup last night that I want to go for, but thanky very much for the offer. I juss figured that I should start it right all at once rather than having to spend the money twice. Ya know? but he-ey, when Doug get's back in town back to SITC. I would love to meet up there cuz it's been a while since I've been, so let me know when would be a good time for you to meet up there... I want to get a chance to meet someone from the forums, and see some more setups.
Thanx,
-Dave