Anyone in Pa know where I can find Southdown, yardright or old castle

chris l

Just as the heading reads. I have called everywhere. I spoke to Old Castle and they told me home depot, ace, true value or Agway. None carry it that I called. TIA

chris l

jw......I live in Selinsgrove. Hell I even called some places in Delaware with no luck. What's funny about all of this is last year I had access to all I needed from coles hardware. Now they don't even carry it.

bigeyedfish

I found it at the Bensalem, PA Home Depot a while back. Havent look since last summer. Was up on a business trip and picked up 5 bags for my bosses tank. Give them a call.

jacksonpt

Not sure how far you are from the NY border, but I got my SD from a HD near Binghamton. They had tons of it last summer. If you're interested in making the trip, I can call over and see what they've got - save you the long distance phone call.

chris l

Originally posted by jacksonpt
Not sure how far you are from the NY border, but I got my SD from a HD near Binghamton. They had tons of it last summer. If you're interested in making the trip, I can call over and see what they've got - save you the long distance phone call.

It's about 2 1/2 hrs. from me which is fine. If you don't mind calling and letting me know I would really appreciate it. TIA!!

jacksonpt

I just called over... they have about 1.5 pallets of SD, and they stock it all season long. Their address is:
798 Main St
Johnson City, NY 13790
607-785-8614
Your best bet for direction is probably mapquest. Or you could call them directly. I'm terrible at giving directions (I know how to get places, but I don't know exit numbers or street names). If there's anything else I can do, let me know.

nas19320

How close are you to Frasier, PA? I bought my southdown sand from a HD in Frasier. That was about 3 months ago but they had quite alot of it when I picked mine up.

chris l

According to map quest there isn't a town called Frasier. I there a different spelling of the town.

fshhub

I bought about 8 bags a few months ago from the Home Depot in Wilkes-Barre.
You try the one in Williamsport? that should be closer for you than W-B. If not try calling the one in hazelton.
I havent tried True value, but I am reasonably sure I have not seen any in the local Agways.
PS, ask for "Sotuh Down Tropical Play Sand", in their lawn and garden center. It is in a clear bag, with a big white label with Red and Blue print, if I remember right(I am almost positive that it does not say SOUTH DOWN in big letters either)

I live in the south central part of the state of Pennsylvania, if you take Interstate 81 south into the northern most part of Maryland in a town called Hagerstown they have a Home Depot with more Southdown then all the reefers on this board could use.
:)

chris l

O.k I wanna thank you all. I just returned from Wilkes Barre and bought the last 24 bags they had. Thanks for all of the info.

zooqi

I wish if we had HD in Williamsport but we don't. I get mine from Philly area or Erie whenever I'm that way.