Anyone in Sac/Elk Grove know where to get water.

jambi0n

Hey guys, I'm out in the Sacramento, Elk Grove area. I was wondering if anyone out in this area knows where to DI or RO water at a good price? :needhelp:

swfishfan

i dont know sac town that good but i suppose you have walmarts around there or even a big grocery store like safeway, vons, albertsons they have a few surces for oyu to get your ro water,
1. if you go into the water isle and look at the gallons they sell ro water for about 38-80 cents a gallon
2. you can just get a 5 gallon water jug and fill up for about 25-39 cents a gallon from those water machines outside your grocery stores......
from LA so i suppose sac is the same as LA.... hope this helps :hilarious

jambi0n

so those water machines that are in front of the grocery stores are RO or DI water. So thats where my chemistry teacher was getting it. Thanks for that info fishfan.
More questions though?
That water is good enough for a reef tank? and i have a 90 gallon tank, with a sump, about how many gallons is good enough to put in the sump? and should i pour the salt water into the tank and let the overflow kit fill the sump, or should i just put some water in the sump and then turn all my electrics on?
J

airforceb2

Pre mix your water and salt in a different container. You can't pour salt in your tank once you have inhabitants. As for how much water to put in your sump. How big is your sump?

jambi0n

i guesstamate the sump to be about 30 - 40 gallons. it's pretty big. I got the euroreef cs 6-2 skimmer in there, and my filter is one of those micro bags. none of those bio balls, and the return is gonna be a Mag950. Havent set it up yet, but will get everything up and goin hopefully tomorrow. Oh, and are there any thoughts on Oceanic salt, i heard that it's good but then my LFS says that it garbage. Instant Salt is what they recomend. What you all think?

lion101

Try going to Exotic Aquarium on Florin and 99 they sell pre mixed salt water for .99pr galllon and I think the RO is .35

jambi0n

Yeah, I went there yesterday, and they charge .50 cents a gallon unmixed. That aint bad, but I think it would be cheaper if I just went to the stores and buy them from the machines.