anyone know autographs?

chadman

i was looking through me parents attic the other day and found six or seven autographed hockey sticks which my uncle who worked for hte flyers back in teh day had given me...i totally forgot about them until now...the one is autographed by the entire flyers stanley cup championship team from yestur year...and the rest are autographed by different flyers...they are all game used sticks...there was three bernie parent autographed game used goalie sticks and a game worn jersey as welll....i don't know if these are worth anything...how would i go about obtaining a cert. of autenticity...would i have to send them to a signature expert? any help would be appreciated...thanks

ice4ice

I have a few autographs myself. The best thing to do is pick up a copy of Tuff Stuff magazine and in there you will find an autograph price guide for all sports. That must have been an awesome find !!
Be wary of sports cards shops. Some will try and rip you off by offering you less than what it's worth. Look for reputable dealer. Or even contact Mr. Mint himself. He's well respected and does advertise in Tuff Stuff magazine.

chadman

sweeet....who is mr. mint? and what are some appraisal services? are they online things where i'd have to send the sticks to them? i am from reading pennsylvania...i realize you guys prolly aren't from around here but if by chance you are let me know of any possible places in this area where i could take it to get appraised....thanks!

rylan1

look in your local phone book.... or online if can't find anything. But you would take your items to their office or whatever and they would give you an appraised value of what those things are worth. I'm not sure of how much this would cost, but it can't be that much.... They would also probably give you some type of paperwork that would show you its authentic for your records.... If they can't help I'm sure they probably could give you a reference on who to see....

ice4ice

Originally Posted by chadman
sweeet....who is mr. mint? and what are some appraisal services? are they online things where i'd have to send the sticks to them? i am from reading pennsylvania...i realize you guys prolly aren't from around here but if by chance you are let me know of any possible places in this area where i could take it to get appraised....thanks!

Look in Tuff Stuff and you'll find Mr. Mint in there. Sometimes he shows up at major memorbilia shows. Check him out.
Sometimes if you look in Tuff Stuff you will find reputable dealers in each state in the continental US.

ahh...dont listen to these guys.they are worthless. send em my way.

j/k sounds nice! signed by the entire stanley cup winning team, game used.
maybe psa/dna.

rylan1

I thought you would have taken care of this already... Don't send the stuff off and don't wait around for Mr. Meaty (Mint) just call an appraisal service, many of them do things like antiques and collectibles. You should have one right in town..I'm next door in Ohio, you could send them to me and I'll do it for you if you would like.

ice4ice

I never said to wait for Mr. Mint ! Just gave some options but not necessarily go with that guy. Yeah any appraisers will do but BE CAREFUL who you deal with !! There are alot of dis-honest dealers all over. Trust me - I've been there and done that !!

Originally Posted by chadman
whats psa/dna?
it is a reputable authenticating company. but you have to mail your items to them and pay a fee to get a coa.