Anyone know this critters name??

big

I moved a piece of Zoas off of this rock today to put a low light frag there in the back of the tank.
When I removed the Zoas here out of a crevice pops up this little very bright green guy-thing????????? Soft body with little dimples on its sides.... It was growing under the little rock that was there...........
I have not a clue as to what it is, At first I thought a extended Palys stalk, but does not look like any others I have ever seen.
Added update info, it now is showing what are defiantly dark brown whisker like tentacles ???on what appeared as little bumps on its sides.....Added shots.
Anyone know what it is???......... Sorry poor shots, way in the back and under stuff..
11-14 AM one more a bit better close up
Last shot shows how far back and hard to shot the thing is. sorry again for poor shots back there.......

jimmy 4

looks like you droped a piece of asparagus in your tank. ha ha
I kinda looks like some kind of acro.... but what do i know

oceanlover

How hard is it? If it is not as hard as the SPS coral then it could be a leather coral. I have a nice green leather coral that grows like mad. I am always giving parts of it away to my friends.

big

Aqua, I don't think it is a Horn, thanks though.......
The Green color is like what a Green Nepthea would have...... I may pull it out of where it is tonight to get a closer look............

big

Originally Posted by OceanLover
http:///forum/post/2838719
How hard is it? If it is not as hard as the SPS coral then it could be a leather coral. I have a nice green leather coral that grows like mad. I am always giving parts of it away to my friends.
It has the look of a tiny Leather stem to me too

I am going to move it tonight for a better look..........

morval

+1 On Green Nepthea
Ive Got Some In My Tank And Thats What It Looks Like. its like colt coral but green if you want more info on it

big

Thanks everone.
It looks as it now being exposed to light is growing already. The end looks to be sprouting a bud stem... I think I may leave it where it is and sit back and watch for a few weeks..........

big

I think I found it on Reefkeeping ...............
It looks the be a Palau Neon Green Nepthea....
Shots look just like it. The descriptions match too....... Apparently very rare in nature anymore, some say now extinctin the wild.... I found this in a web search after figuring out a name to go by.... But does show up just like mine did in reef tanks that have some age on them now and them.......
Here is a shot I found on another site....... In his description, it says intense neon green the shot does not show that well.....
Wow I screwed up here postred to a very old thread I had open to look at, but the info is the correct name for this guy the best I can tell.......