Anyone Live In Florida? Org From Bensonhurst Bklyn

philgmiami

Originally Posted by Speg
Fl here. New Port Richey
what lfs do you goto?. theres a good one here in springhill called pet paridise ,near the kfc on us19 :yes:

speg

Originally Posted by philgmiami
what lfs do you goto?. theres a good one here in springhill called pet paridise ,near the kfc on us19 :yes:

Hey bro, if you go there we should meet up sometime :p I can show you my tank and we can swap frags etc.
I've been to pet paradise several times.. they get nice pieces in.. but really $$. Also there is another new fish store thats very good priced a little further north on 19 called 'Get Tanked'.. its brand new and very hard to find... (bad location).
I also go to Fosters Exotic Pets further south on 19 closeish to the Gulfview square mall.
Also if you take Ridge road to Congress and turn on 'Leo Kid' there is a pet store there called Aquatic Visions.. its like a wholesale store and they get TONS of stuff in and they are about the cheapest place around.. but their coral frags are just that.. frags.. no more :p
In Tampa there is a place called Marine Aquarium Warehouse which has a huge selection of corals/fish.. but the prices are through the roof.
Several other fish places in the Tampa area .. although only about half of them have saltwater fish.
Lemme know if you wanna meet up sometime.

jtoneil

Im in Tarpon Springs. Its funny to see so many members that live right around the corner from me. Is Aquatic visions on Leo kid by the Checkers or is it on the other side of Ridge rd? I'm off tommorro and I'm going to check it out. I've been going to the Holiday pet store lately, its back under the original ownership(owner of the tarpon aquarium) and they have done a nice job of cleaning it up.
John

speg

If you're coming from Tarpon Springs travel north up 19 to Ridge Road (by the super walmart) take a right onto Ridge Road, then another Right at the next light which will be Leo Kid then soon you'll come to a stop sign which is Pine Hill road which you'll take a left on, then on your right very shortly you'll see a building that has a big 'Aquarium' banner over it. They are open from 12-6 every day except wednesdays.
I've been to that Holiday aquarium a couple times too, decent place.. the stooge that works in there is really retarded though :p How do you like that show tank they have in there with the giant toadstool and overgrown mushrooms? :p

nemo lover

Port Saint Lucie here three months new. I have yet to find a real good lfs in my area. I must be spoiled from all my choices I had in West Palm Beach.

jrandolph1

We're from Lakeland (between Tampa and Orlando) there are a couple of LFS here but not near the selection that some of Tampa's LFS have IMO. One of the stores seem to be "cultivating" bubble algea. Yuck. I actually saw the guy pick one off of a piece of LR and burst it in the tank! What an idiot! Needless to say, we bought nothing from that tank.

oceana

stpete/tampa here.
lots of nice stores around here.
only problem is the staff of those stores dont seem to know much if anything.
as long as you do your research and know what you going for it does not matter when the clerks know or dont know so i go to those stores anyhow for there good prices.
any locals can email me at theabels@knology.net. i always have lots of frags.

speg

All of us should get together sometime and swap frags as a group... we'd totally be geeky dorks then! (but it would be so worth it)
>>>GEEK<<<