Anyone love damsels?

anadliv

I started off my tank 2 years ago with 4 damsels in a 29 gallon. My plan was to get the tank established and then get new fish. After a while I began to become attached and couldnt get rid of them. Does anyone else have a tank full of damsels? I think they look great and are easy to care for also reef safe. I am going on 2 years with the same four fish. Does anyone know how long they live? Seems like most people on this site dont like damsels. Just wondering if anyone else likes them

bang guy

I absolutely love my Damsels! The baby Clownfish pay for my entire setup and the adult Clowns are really enjoyable.

slackjawed

Originally Posted by anadliv
http:///forum/post/2683926
I started off my tank 2 years ago with 4 damsels in a 29 gallon. My plan was to get the tank established and then get new fish. After a while I began to become attached and couldnt get rid of them. Does anyone else have a tank full of damsels? I think they look great and are easy to care for also reef safe. I am going on 2 years with the same four fish. Does anyone know how long they live? Seems like most people on this site dont like damsels. Just wondering if anyone else likes them
my wolf eel does!! ate a few

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by Bang Guy
http:///forum/post/2683946
I absolutely love my Damsels! The baby Clownfish pay for my entire setup and the adult Clowns are really enjoyable.
hes not talking about clwonfish though. Hes talking about the big bad mean suckers lol... at least I thought. No one on here hates clownfish for crying out loud. i love NEMO!

U

usirchchris

My domino was my first fish with my current tanks. He is great!! One of my favorite fish of all time was a humbug...err 4 stripe.

el guapo

I love my big black damsel . He rocks , But then he is in an aggressive set up with a humu humu . So his robust attitude fits in perfectly .

sepulatian

Originally Posted by anadliv
http:///forum/post/2683926
Some people keep an all damsel set up. If you like them then keep them.
Just for fun, what kind of damsels do you have? As mentioned, clownfish are a type of damselfish.
You have had these guys for two years, they must get along somewhat, or have gotten used to being together.
I really dislike the phrase, "Nuke the tank". What is that supposed to mean? How can fish "Nuke" a system? I am just looking for clarification on this term.

el guapo

They pick up the RED phone talk for a minute get a very complex look on their face then they order the strike . Codes are entered ,keys are turned , and buttons are pushed . A count down insues and then missles are launched . Bombers are deployed . Mothers run for their children , there is a bright flash of light and then a boom , A shock wave travels across the horizon . Things melt and burn to a crisp .

sepulatian

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2684148
They pick up the RED phone talk for a minute get a very complex look on their face then they order the strike . Codes are entered ,keys are turned , and buttons are pushed . A count down insues and then missles are launched . Bombers are deployed . Mothers run for their children , there is a bright flash of light and then a boom , A shock wave travels across the horizon . Things melt and burn to a crisp .
Yeah, that is what some people (not just this thread, the term is tossed around a LOT) act like, should a person's PH drop, the wrong fish are added, you add 2lbs of uncured rock, whatever. People get silly with it. Tanks do not get "NUKED" unless a bomb happens to drop on it. I am fairly confident that most people's tanks will be spared and that issues may come up, but they can be fixed. That is what we are here for. With the exception of a nuclear blast, we will be here to help with whatever problems happen

hefner413

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2684120
I love my big black damsel . He rocks , But then he is in an aggressive set up with a humu humu . So his robust attitude fits in perfectly .
I've never seen an all black damsel. Got any pics?

crabbeo

Attachment 203199Heres my bad little poly picker.This is my wild caught Beau-Greogery Damsel.He already becoming a handful,I hope he just need a friend to play with.Maybe I try and get 1 or 2 more soon next week.

R

rcreations

I've never owned a damsel other than the maroon clowns I have. But I think they're cool looking fish.