Anyone mountain bike?

I just got into XC singletrack and LOVE it. I ride an '04 Gary Fisher Marlin . . . . what do you ride?

rnk9394

I don't have a mountain bike yet. I've only road biked so far. I have a 04 Giant OCR bike. Been doing it for a year a so and raced in the El Tour de Tucson last year with 7,000 riders competing. It was a blast with all those riders eventhough I was in the middle of the pack. Hopefully I'll improve this year with additional training and experience.

dadofnine

Haven't been much this year, but I have a 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara. My 13 year old son and I do some simple single track, and there is a place we go that is mostly hilly Jeep trails (but no Jeeps) that is a great cardiovascular workout but nothing technical.

tthemadd1

I have a 2000 trek fuel 90... Ride as much as I can. I have a great single track here in northern Ohio. Vultures Knob.. Look it up fun place to ride. Cleveland/Akron area has tons of towpaths but the mud is where its at... "and then God created mud" has been my mantra for years now.

Originally Posted by tthemadd1
I have a 2000 trek fuel 90... Ride as much as I can. I have a great single track here in northern Ohio. Vultures Knob.. Look it up fun place to ride. Cleveland/Akron area has tons of towpaths but the mud is where its at... "and then God created mud" has been my mantra for years now.

Where in N. Ohio? I live just outside detroit . . . . there's lots of trails around here, but I'm always interested in more . . .

tthemadd1

Well there are two really good places to ride around here one is Vulture's Knob. www.vulturesknob.com, great single track lots of races. I think the best part of this park is the miles of technical track that is built in the woods. From drops to ramps, to log bridges. It is definately a work out. The even better part is that they take donations.
The second is Ray's MTB indoor park. THere are loads of jumps, bridges, tech north coast stuff and a practice ramp with a foam pit. Here is a link to their video... http://www.raysmtb.com/video.html
I highly recommend the place, in Cleveland, OH so a little closer.

themadd1