Anyone need ice cubes today?

shoreliner11

I sure did. We got up to 88 here today and needless to say it was a little warm in the apartment. Being a poor and poorly planned college student I live on the 3rd floor of my apartment complex and I don't even have a fan. Its about 90 in my room right now, sweat is actually dripping down my face and what am I thinking of....MY TANK. Does this site look familiar to anyone else? I also picked up this leather today. Hasn't fully opened up yet but the color is gorgious.
Aaron

shoreliner11

lol. Well I'm just lucky its only a nano that I'm having to drop the temp down in. 10gals of water can come down pretty fast, I just have to be careful I don't bring it down too fast.
Aaron

jer4916

very true, nice nano
i have a nano in my bedroom, and a 55 in my office and a 125 gallon in my main room
there so much fun! :)
~chris

shoreliner11

Yeah, my apartment complex doesn't officially allow fish tanks so I dropped my 20gal sps tank because I think they'd know something was up with the the blue glow coming through the blinds from the mh pendant. Anyway, gave me something to start new which is somtimes the most fun.
Aaron

jer4916

chillers are expensive, but if thats what saves $7k in your tank, there work EVERY penny.
you know?

shoreliner11

Well I got a fan which dropped the temp in the room down to mid 70's. I don't think I'll need anymore ice cubes for a little while. But yeah, an airconditioner would be the way to go for my situation. We'll see how the summer starts off before I buy one.
Aaron

msd2

FYI I have also seen on that auction site small chillers for nano tanks for about 150. But I went the route already suggested I got ac for the flat and that way I keep cool and the tank on those warmer days, why should the fish only be comfy? :)
ah I remember those days back in college of floating ice in the sump to keep the temp down.
Keep cool

wax32

I wish I could put a window AC in my fish room. The house we rent has old fashioned jalousy windows (the kind with louvers that crank open) and an AC won't go into them.