Anyone running a bio pellet reactor

sweatervest13

I have looked into it a bit, but that's where I stopped. I am also interested in getting more information. Basically it is just carbon dosing, right? I think that it is comparable to a calc reactor vs. just manually dosing calcium, but for carbon dosing.
Are you thinking about running one on the new big tank?? Would you add to the system right away?? Or are you looking down the road?

acrylic51

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweatervest13 http:///t/393998/anyone-running-a-bio-pellet-reactor#post_3506502
I have looked into it a bit, but that's where I stopped. I am also interested in getting more information. Basically it is just carbon dosing, right? I think that it is comparable to a calc reactor vs. just manually dosing calcium, but for carbon dosing.
Are you thinking about running one on the new big tank?? Would you add to the system right away?? Or are you looking down the road?
Not totally competent on them myself, but they are similar design and setup as a Ca reactor, but are very similar to carbon dosing......A bio pellet reactor will help with nitrate and phosphate control.....I've been more intrigued with running a recirc reactor vs a standard reactor for tank safety reasons, and very few (2) companies actually produce recirc units, but tons have been converted DIY.....Doesn't look super complicated or expensive to build either.......
Yes I am thinking of running a unit on the new tank, and it would basically be from the startup.......Trying to get more info as to plumbing it to the input of my skimmer.....Some have had weird side affects from just dumping the reactor water back into the sump......The skimmer setup is suppose to eliminate this side affect......