Anyone seen JLEM? Is he still building stands?

happyreef

JLEM
Through a search I saw that you once built what appeared to be excellent Stands and Canopies for 75/90 gallon AGA tanks? Do you still have time for this?

jlem

I actually just finished a 100 gallon stand for an acrylic tank that I picked up used. The threads that I did on building them lost all the pictures when the site switched over to the new look.

happyreef

JLEM. Glad you're still at it.
So, you said you were in CA? If that's the case, could you build a canopy for a 55 Gallon AGA (unstained) and ship it out to NC? I can acquire a solid oak stand and the tank locally, but if its reasonable, I thought your work was fantastic?
Let me know what your thoughts are.

jlem

It would cost alot to ship. Price without shipping for an Oak 2 door stand and matching 1 door canopy with lifting top would be about $250.00 stained and sealed. I don't know if I could do it but I could precut and drill all of the pieces and all you would do is screw it together. Shipping would probably cost alot less but the weight would still be substantial.

happyreef

Man, that sucks. Well, I would love to make a canopy similar to the quality I have seen in your work. I can't afford that, and I hate to waste your time, so accept my compliments on excellent jobs in DIY stand and canopy building. Peace.

jlem

A canopy could probably be shipped pretty easy unstained if it was shipped in pieces. It litteraly would only be about 6 pieces if you wanted the front door and you put it together with just a screw driver and some wood glue if you chose to use glue. Shipping probably would not be more than 40 bucks and I could probably build it for $150.00 and it would be made of 3/4 inch 7 ply Oak and the trim would be actual solid Oak and routered with a round over bit. I would include all the screws that you would need and would send you a CD showing you exactly how it goes together since I will build it completely and then disassemble the main pieces for shipping.
If you want me to price what it would cost to ship let me know.