Anyone tried Ooma?

aggiealum

I've been on Vonage for years for my home phone service. Some say I'm behind the times, and most people just drop the home service altogether and get their calls on their cell phones. I've had the same home number for over 25 years, and most of my relatives and friends know that number if they need to get in touch with any of my family members, so I guess I've kept it for sentimental reasons. Vonage provides good service, and they even have an app for my phone where I can make free calls anywhere in the world as long as my cell phone is connected to Wi-Fi. Comes in handy when I'm traveling abroad, although the calls are sketchy at best. Vonage costs around $38.00/month with the features I have, but I can get essentially the same features with Ooma for only $14/month buying the unit, annual premier service for a year, and applicable monthly taxes. Just wondered if anyone has tried it, and what the call quality and reliability may be.

http://ooma.com

reefraff

You can port your home number over to your cell phone. If you happen to be with AT&T for your cell service and have a family plan they have a deal you can get (last I looked the box was free) where you add a line for 9.95 a month and you get this box you plug into your home phone jack and it gives you phone service in your house but it comes from a cell signal instead of a land line. And Again you can port your current home phone number over to the cell receiver.

aggiealum

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefraff http:///t/397495/anyone-tried-ooma#post_3542953
You can port your home number over to your cell phone. If you happen to be with AT&T for your cell service and have a family plan they have a deal you can get (last I looked the box was free) where you add a line for 9.95 a month and you get this box you plug into your home phone jack and it gives you phone service in your house but it comes from a cell signal instead of a land line. And Again you can port your current home phone number over to the cell receiver.
Thanks for the info. We're on Verizon, but I can check and see if they have a similar offer. Never thought to look.