Anyone use Glacier Water Machines?

Does anyone get there water from one of these machines if so how do you like it? I heard that they may use copper pipes that could leave traces of copper in the water. But isn't the RO/DI process supposed to get rid of trace elements such as this so does it matter. I'm confused. Help!

patandlace

I've never used Glacier but I have used the culligan machines. It should be good to use as long as they maintain the machines as they are supposed to. I would test the TDS in the water before you use it.

tinmanny

I took a water machine apard because I wanted the uv steralizer in it and I found out that it is made with a lot of 316L Stainless Steel and plastic but never found copper
Good Luck
try a qt. and test it for copper or use a tds meeter

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Pimpin Chirp
Does anyone get there water from one of these machines if so how do you like it? I heard that they may use copper pipes that could leave traces of copper in the water. But isn't the RO/DI process supposed to get rid of trace elements such as this so does it matter. I'm confused. Help!
Better than tap water, but not nearly as good as ro/di or bottled distilled.. But way better than tap assuming they maintain the filtration unit on the machine.

breineach1

Originally Posted by MiaHeatLvr
Better than tap water, but not nearly as good as ro/di or bottled distilled.. But way better than tap assuming they maintain the filtration unit on the machine.
I don't know about all the different kinds of machines, but Glacier is RO/DI. It's what I use- you just have to be careful & make sure it's properly maintained, otherwise it can throw off your parameters. I go to a machine outside a little Asian market; I was able to talk to the owner & she told me that yes, the owner of the machine actually services it twice a month.
BTW, I've heard that distilled water is not good to use in the tank because it is usually heated through copper pipes (distilled means that the water has been turned to steam & then recondensed). So I'd be wary of using it unless I knew how it was processed. Just my .02

miaheatlvr

Originally Posted by Breineach1
I don't know about all the different kinds of machines, but Glacier is RO/DI. It's what I use- you just have to be careful & make sure it's properly maintained, otherwise it can throw off your parameters. I go to a machine outside a little Asian market; I was able to talk to the owner & she told me that yes, the owner of the machine actually services it twice a month.
BTW, I've heard that distilled water is not good to use in the tank because it is usually heated through copper pipes (distilled means that the water has been turned to steam & then recondensed). So I'd be wary of using it unless I knew how it was processed. Just my .02
No.. Some people use distilled water for household aquariums because it lacks the chemicals found in tap water supplies. It is important to supplement distilled water when using it for fishkeeping; it is too pure to sustain proper chemistry to support an aquarium ecosystem. That means using it with a good quality salt mix if you plan to go that route..

ibew

Originally Posted by Breineach1
glacier is RO = Reverse Osmosis without the DI same with all machines for human drinking water it is not good for us to drink the water with the DI filteration in it DI stands for DE-ionizing