Anyone useing Deltec MCE600???

chris17

I was wondering if anybody is useing the Deltec MCE600 on a 100g-125g system? I am considering getting one for my 125g SPS reef that I am planning. My 55g sump/fuge is 21" tall and my stand will be around 30" tall. I just think that an in-sump skimmer will be a real pain to pull out and get back in for cleaning...ext
. The MCE600 is rated for a 190g normal stocking, and 120g for heavy stocking....

mikeu

I've used one on a smaller system (approx. 45g) and it did fine. Notwithstanding the manufacturers rating, I'd be hardpressed to recommend this on anything larger than about 60g - 75g total water volume, if the intent is to have a predominately SPS tank. You'll be emptying the small collection cup 2 - 3 times a day!

stanlalee

you'll find more info on that other popular message board (with people who actually use one) but in a nutshell it skims great like all deltec skimmers. People dont particularly like the collection cup. and there are a few cheaper alternatives that appearently work just as well or better (Bermuda Rogue and C&C marine HOBs).

cheaper alternatives (both pull more air. not neccessarily meaning better):
C&C marine

Bermuda Rogue