Anyone using biocube skimmer that modded chamber for greater flow?

sinful

I purchased the biocube skimmer recently and have it running, but I think I might have a small problem. A long time ago I cut the piece off the first chamber to allow for greater flow and now I think that's where the biocube skimmer was supposed to clip to. I now have to clip it to the lower side and decrease the airflow. I might be wrong but dont you want as much airflow groing through it as it can take without letting the bubbles overflow? Should I try to fabricate something up to allow it to be raised up where it would have otherwise been clipped?

spanko

You should have gotten some suction cups with it. Use those to attach to the outside left wall.

sinful

another quick question....I have it where the bubbles are just at the rim of the skimmer where the cup comes off and doesn't overflow...I still get clear water in my cup after about half a day running....I think it's due to the bubles popping ...is this normal for a new skimmer? I guess it takes awhile to break in, but should I adjust anything else?