Anyone watching Spartacus?

mrdc

It's a new series on Starz. I just watched last night's episode and it was the most violent yet. Several of us at work are really enjoying it. How about you? Do you think the boss is even searching for the wife? I don't!

flower

I am watching it...I am also really glad I don't have kids and it comes on so late...very dirty, violent and great to watch.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I watched the two episodes that came on encore. I wasn't impressed with the first episode at all but did watch the 2nd on on-demand which was an improvement.
The cinematic ripoff of 300 kinda got on my nerves. It worked for 300 in a big way, but the copycat here doesn't do so well. They took a page from HBO's Rome with the soft p o r n, but this offering doesn't have Rome's good storyline or good acting. The series may improve, but I'd have to sign-up for starz to find out.

J

jstdv8

my brother and i get together like a football game every friday to sit down and watch it. I find it pretty entertaining.
how about that dude that cut the guys face off and put it on his own face. serious issues!

mrdc

Yeah the series is ripping off on 300 in regards to the blood spewing everywhere and it was really strong in the first episode. The third episode this past Friday was brutal especially the guy who liked to cut faces off and wear them. I was wondering how Spartacus was going to get out of the deal he made regarding his life.
Anyway, the actors are in this month's issue of Muscle and Fitness. I will have to look at their workout programs cause these dudes are in shape!

J

jstdv8

Gotta say I didnt see the deal with his wife going down like that. Everyone is trying to stab everyone else in the back. good stuff.

J

jstdv8

at what point is spartacus going to get in the arena with the big black trainer guy?
And how long till word leaks out about what dominus did?
Shits gonna hit the fan sooner or later.

mie

Rome got kind of lame. I thought the first episode of sparticus was kind of cheesy but it has greatly improved, I am really enjoying it. The 7th one has not posted on comcast yet and it's sunday.

A real vulgar yet fantastic show is east bound and down an hbo series.

mie

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3241481
I had a crush on all the leading men of Rome.... so it never got old for me.
Different story for me, however I am diggin the women in sparticus! Kind of funny how the women slaves are all way hotter than the main women characters.

mrdc

Originally Posted by mie
http:///forum/post/3241489
Different story for me, however I am diggin the women in sparticus! Kind of funny how the women slaves are all way hotter than the main women characters.
The women are awesome and my wife says the men aren't too shabby! Sura is in my latest M&F magazine and she is looking good.
As far as the story is moving along, I guess Spartucus is going to accept being a gladiator now.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Originally Posted by stdreb27
http:///forum/post/3241870
so is it worth watching? And is it on hulu?
If you like excessive blood and guts on the scale of SAW, plenty of soft p o r n, 300 cinematics, and love to hate Romans, then yeah its worth watching.