Anyone with experience eliminating Aiptasia anemones?

cardsfan16

Hi Everyone,
I'm starting to see a fair number of these buggers and would like to try to get rid of them before they become too much of a problem.
I've read about the injection method, and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this with success, and what to expect from it. Do they die then you remove them, or do they simply break down. Also, how long for them to die? Finally, what material have people used to eliminate them and how much?
Thanks!

jjlittle

Get Joes Juice for it works awesome I have used many times and everytime they have died. I have alos heard of mixing kalkwasser thick and injetting it I tried didn't work nearly as good as Joes Juice.Also heared boiling water and injecting never tried.

cardsfan16

Thanks for the info jjlittle!
Would I find Joes Juice at the fish store? Does it kill them right away or do you have to wait for them to croak?
Also, does it come with an injector? Not sure where I'm going to find one otherwise.

sly

Originally Posted by cardsfan16
Finally, what material have people used to eliminate them and how much?
Thanks!
I remember a thread a long time ago where someone killed them by using salt creep. I don't remember the exact method... maybe someone else does.

jjlittle

it work instantly you should never see them again after you dose them and yes it comes with everything you need you can get at your LFS may be cheaper online.

snailheave

peppermint shrimps take care of them too.
how do you make shrimps go to them is my problem. my peppermint shrimps cleared one side of my tank but don't go to the other side of the tank

buzzword

I agree with JJ. I used Joe's Juice, one squirt and have never seen them again. It comes with the syringe applicator. I think it is just premixed Kalk anyway.

scotts

I had a (peppermint shrimp) problem in my tank and (peppermint shrimp) researched some methods (peppermint shrimp) about how to get rid of it. The (peppermint shrimp) problem with the old squirting (peppermint shrimp) method is that it gets rids on the ones that (Peppermint shrimp) you can see, but not the little ones or the (peppermint shrimp) ones that you cannot reach in your rocks. There is (Peppermint shrimp) a mobile solution that you can get that will eat it off of the rocks and places you can get to, it is called a peppermint shrimp.

chad24

I tried the injection thing and it worked, but I didnt like the idea of doing it that way so I placed some peppermint shrimp in my 75 gal reef and really did not see alot of improvements so I went to step three and placed a Copper Banded Butterfly in my tank and wow did he go to town
. The butterfly gave me best of both worlds, a new fish to watch and fixed my problem and I had ALOT of them. Well I hope this helps ya. Chad