And a few more
150 watt MH Outerorbits 24" light
Prisim Skimmer

tr1gger

My 90g Wave Front about 2 months ago, alot has changed

The only pic that shows the actual wave in it

mimzy

WOW you guys, these are great!!!
Bioneck, I never knew hexes came that big! can we seen some more pix? Maybe one w/a person standing near it so we can get an idea of how massive it is?
Trigger, your rockwork is so clean! Can we get a closup of ur lion? I'm a little bit obsessed with lions

A

alexmir

awesome tank hefner, i say go SPS on one side, and zoas and softies on the other.

do the fish have a hard time going from side to side? i know fish are pretty stupid

hefner413

Originally Posted by alexmir
http:///forum/post/2755145
awesome tank hefner, i say go SPS on one side, and zoas and softies on the other.

do the fish have a hard time going from side to side? i know fish are pretty stupid
I've changed things around since that pic. I had quite a bit of SPS... but the sps started looking bad - so I check my levels = all was zero. So I figured I needed new lights... got all new T5 bulbs - still no help... then rechecked levels along with checking pH... it was 7.9
!!! so I mixed up kalk and started a drip. Levels corrected and everything is fine except my SPS. All died. I might do SPS again, but will make sure everything is stable for a while first.
The fish swim back and for very well. They seem to enjoy it quite a bit actually.
Originally Posted by YearOfTheNick

http:///forum/post/2755161
I would putt eggcrate in the holes and do aggressive on one side, reef on the other... a little yin-yang?

I thought of this... but liked seeing them swim back and forth too much. I actually have some round dividers that I use when I want to isolate the two sides for some reason, but just temporary.
And now I've got a 180 aggressive, so that took care of that!

dse

Heres mine it only has 2 corners but shaped as a rectangle.
it's to allow you to see the whole of your tank in 1 view sort of. you dont even see any warping on the sides wich is to allow 100% viewing! to me it's unique

hefner413

are you going to put a background on? I recommend black or blue latex poster material. very easy, very cheap.

dse

yup painting it black including the cabinet too and putting my kids hand print (in white paint) on i did do a diary but i'll need to try and move on to this forum area.(put it in fish photography) by mistake.

aw9906

Originally Posted by Hefner413
http:///forum/post/2754113
Here's mine - old pic, but you get the idea...

Hefner...I have the exact same tank as you. I have looked all over and never found anyone with a tank even close. I have had it for a long time and have used it as fresh water. We moved not that long ago and now the tank sits empty and I was thinking about turning it marine. I was wondering if you had any advise given the uniqe layout of the tank.
Thnks

hefner413

yeah - same here- never have found anyone with it also! Nice tank, eh?!
Well... regarding layout - things I've found with marine is that it's reaaaly hard to keep looking clean. I would definitely do livestock that allows a good cleanup crew (community rather than aggressive).
If mine was empty and I was starting over again - a couple things I would do: buff out scratches as much as possible. Novus 1,2,3 does a real good job. I also would drill the back and put a refuge under the tank.
Let us know if you start things up! Once you go salt you'll never go back!