AP 24 fuge set-up

bigdude

I am starting up a fresh 24 aquapod today and am going with miracle mud, live sand and cheato in the right rear chamber (approx 2 lbs sand with 1 lb fiji mud) I have placed stiff tank scrubbers in the first chamber (front to back as baffles) to hold my bio-bed and allow undisturbed flow under the stock baffle to the maxi-jet 900 as well as a remora on the left side chamber. I am fabicating an additional baffle which will sandwich more cheato and plan to drill the stock baffle and the add-on to allow even flow as well. Lighting is provided by a 150w 14k fixture and additonal flow will be provided by Koralia 1 in DT. I have removed a good amount the black material on the back to allow light penetration and also have jettisoned the stock lid and will have the 150w providing ambient light as well. Once it gets going I plan on adding a couple of small olive shells in the sand/mud fuge and some snails too.
Any thought and or suggestions will be appreciated and thanks in advance,
JB

kjohansen

Pics!! I want pics.. Maybe even a more detailed explanation. This intrigues me a lot, since I have a 24 AP also.