API Phosphate test colors ?

mikesin

Hello,
Why does the saltwater test results look more like freshwater results?
Anyone use API to test phosphate?

Thanks

codylowe

Mine did the same thing. I tested the freshwater i was putting in instead, then it seemed to work alright. It is wierd...

I have only used it once - So if you need some more solution let me know.

dogstar

The cards in my kit are slightly different than yours ( they dont have a .25 ) but on mine 0.00 still look the same color for both FW and SW.

rc1626

I thought of posting the same thing the other day but didn't. Got my API test kit about a week ago and tested both my RO water and my DT water and when viewing the results I would swear they mislabeled the cards. My saltwater seemed to better match the freshwater card colors and vise versa. Kinda weird. I'll have to test again. Maybe a production mistake???
Oh well! Glad you posted this though.
Rob

b-baby80

I think API's Phosphate test can be used for fresh or salt.Atleast i know they make one that can.I've been wondering if i could use my salt one to test my source water

mikesin

Thanks for the replies everyone - florida joe - I wish that was true but I do rinse the test tube with aquarium water once before getting the tested sample. Dogstar - can I purchase your saltwater card?
lol
B-Baby80 - this test kit says its for both.
Well I guess we can make the assumption (gawd I hate assumptions) that our aquarium has zero phosphates. Makes me question API tests - its all we have ever used with the exception of Sulifert's magnesium test.

ccfl

I'm having the same problem my API Phosphate results match the Freshwater Color Card, just wondering do we have the same lot #'s, mine is 63A0507 for Bottle #1 and 64A0307 for Bottle #2

mikesin

well yes and no, bottle#1 - 63A0507. Bottle#2 - 64A0507. hmm, I really need to call but haven't had time with the holidays, travel and moving :(