Appropiate companion for pair of os. Clowns?

beattyr

Fellow addicts...
I am setting up my 1st reef tank. Its done with the cycle and I have currently in the tank some live rock, live sand and my cleanup crew. I added a pair of juv os. Clowns the other night and they are doing fine. I am trying to set up a carribbean "fore-reef" and I am wondering what a good companion for the clowns would be? I know the clowns are not from the car. but they are so fun to watch and they are what my wife wanted as well :) . Should I just stick with the various gregorians from the car. and see if they pick something to become friendly with or is there an anemone from that area that would host clowns?
Thanks
Rob

superman

For my oscellaris clown I purchased a green tipped Haitian Condy Anemone (which is from that region. Everyone told me that my clown would not take to it, but sure enough he wont leave it. It's also probably the most inexpensive anemone you can buy.

crew

HI, just a thought. I'm not sure where some types of plate corals come from, but i was told from several people that the clowns will play in those as well and they are farely cheap. They also don't move around your tank . Please check this advice only cause I don't want to stear you in the wrong direction. This is also something I am looking into as well. They look nice with long tenticals with nice colour as well. HTH :)

bentrue

if you are just finishing your cycle you should wait at least another six months before you try adding an anemone to your system, IMO. what kind of lighting do you have?