appropriate diet for naso tang

kalisad

I bought a beautiful naso tang a few days ago; however, my local pet store didn't have the seaweed selects brown algae. I read that you can feed the naso tang nori seaweed strips --->purchased from the grocery store. I bought the nori strips until the pet store gets the brown seaweed selects in. Any other suggestions? Is it okay for me to give him the nori seaweed for now? Thanks, Kalisa

demosthenes

Yes, the nori is fine for now, but don't forget to vary the naso's diet. If you don't it could end up suffering from malnutrition. Try some Formula One, brine shrimp, Emerald Entree & Marine Cuisine by San Francisco Bay Brand, or some of your own mixes, and don't forget to include garlic. HTH

dpittman

I feed mine green seaweed selects, macra-algae from my refugium, formula 1 and 2, mysis, krill, and occasionally live brine for a treat.

H

here fishy

Ah a Naso, my prize fish and biggest joy. Varied diet with lots of greens is best. I order sea-grapes from the local shop once a week as a treat. They are about $4 a bunch down here. I soak all food in a garlic based solution as a disease preventative..... :D