aptaisia question and my crab.

dse

Hay all just a quick few questions.
I have about 6-7 aptaisia anemones and would like to know the way to remove.
is it lemon juice? if so how do i do this i guess not in the tank.... right?
how much do i squirt?(per aptaisia) as i have lovly fish and corals i don't want to kill.
also on my best bit of LR i have about 20-30 small pink/green/purple/brown/white/blue spoted/pink spoted/blue and more i have a lot on there but 2 big nasty aptaisia's tho so i want to be safe with them as the feathers have gotten big fast due to the food i feed them but so has the aptaisia's unfortunatly.
also i baught a decorator crab yesterday best invert ever! he has a few sponges on him green/pink/red/white/yellow on the legs but nothing on the shell.
now i know they prefure polyps but will the put the aptaisia's on there shells? has this been done because then i can remove them with ease i'm hoping.
cheers for any info.

nycbob

joes juice work best. use the syringe and shoot it right at the mouth. after a few minutes, it should perished.

natclanwy

I prefer to treat aiptasia in the tank using Joes juice or a Kalkwasser paste the reason being if you remove the rock the aiptasia will retract into the rock and makes it more difficult to treat and it also stresses them which stimulates their reproduction rate. Kalkwasser is safe to use in your tank and will not bother your corals as long as you are careful not to get any on the corals and only treat a few at a time. If you do a search I have posted a DIY recipie for Joes Juice.

zoie2

Definately Joes Juice!!
I love the stuff. I have a couple spring up now and then and one dose does the job!

cydab

I agree on the Peppermint shrimp, I had a problem with the aiptasia a while ago got five of these shrimp now the aiptasia is gone, try the natural solution first good luck

blkhawk10

Peppermint shrimp is the best way IMO, I had a couple on the frags I got the peppermint shrimp make short work of them, they were gone the next day.