Aptasia Help

hdross

I have read several ways to get rid of the aptasia, but I am confused of the specifics. I have read about the joes juice and kalkwasser being injected. My question when it talks about being injected are they meaning with a needle and actually putting the juice inside or just squirting it on the anemone. How does one mix the kalk? How much water how much lime? Does this have to be done several x's or just once.
'

markw

Into the mouth, as close as you can. Not with a needle as far as I know, with a syringe (plastic ended). You can also boil RO or tank water and shoot that into it if you didnt want to use the others. It may take several shots, keep doing it until its dead. I dont think its continual, I believe that its with a time interval inbetween, however.
Mark

big

Over the years I have only had a few. But the two methods I have used both worked......
One was to use heated Lemon juice from one of those little squeeze bottles. I put it in a testing syringe like the kind in Salifert kit. I think the best I can remember two applications did them in.
The second was a one shot kill using Kalk paste. ( no lemon juice in the fridge) I mixed a little bit of Kalk with a very small amount of water to make a thick heavy paste. Then used a tiny artist brush with a dab on the tip. Applied directly to the little beast. he was kaput within minutes. I think any small probe like thing that would hold a bit on the tip would work.

troy989

use aptasia x !!! just shoot it on there mouth they bascaly disentagrate!!! its so fun to watch them just decay away

emusinky

I have used kalk paste and it works! Last time I used 'purple up' as it was easier and handy. I think it worked just as well. I did it with the needle on a syringe but the kalk paste had to be thin enough. That's why I tried the purple up. Good luck.

Troy 989 is dead on
I have tried so many different products/ideas, Aptasi X worked right 1 st time, the little sucker actually grabbed the injection needle while i covered the oral disc. They just disapeer after dosing. and I have had only 1 aptaisia show up again in the past 6 months.

king kole

fr; this is from fl ricordea i dont see him on this board anymore but his advise was always cool. super glue into the hole and then just pull the plug out . i cant find the thread maybe some one from last year will remember more about it.