aptasia problem...mojano wand or laser?

blazehok68

so ive been battling for a couple months and am having no success. They are multiplying crazy and starting to affect my orange monti and a bunch of my zoo colonies. Tried peppermint shrimp twice, tried aioptasia x, tried a copperband...no success with any.

Next i was going to try burghia nudibranchs, but i am reading that you need about 6 of them to work in my size tank (28 gallon), It would cost about a hundred bucks or so. I have also read about people not having any luck with them either.

So then i googled aiptasia laser and found some results for about the same cost and also a majano wand for about $100.

if im going to spend $100 i would at least like to have some type of results and nut just be flushing my money.

Anybody have any results or advice?

flower

Hi,

Joes juice or Apatasia X to get all that you can reach...then get peppermint shrimp to eat any that crop up later. What is important is to not touch or bother them, it causes them to think they are under attack, then they release spores and it really spreads like fire.

The laser thing sounds dangerous for a reef, because I was warned to not allow corals to be scanned. I don't know if that info was reliable but before you get something like that, make sure.

blazehok68

2 months ago i purchased 5 burghia nudibranches that came with 1 spool of eggs. my aptasia problem is almost completely irradiacated. definately wirth the investmetn. as with anything you put in your tank, acclimation is key. i would ddefinately reccomend this investment.

jay0705

I 2nd the file. Not all will eat it. I had a few ap, and I thought a file was a unique looking fish. A month later, he's grown nicely and I never see any apatasia