Aptasia

doxboi

recommendations on getting rid of aptasia? Also I have found these little things with pink bases, clear tentacles, and white tips in my tank. one more, ever since I have dripping Kalk I have saw this cream color looking stuff attaching my rocks together, good or bad? Any help!!

doxboi

I would love to get some peps but I had a fire shrimp and one of my Sallies ate it. I am scared

chris17

Yes I agree moprint, I had 2 pep shrimp an they ate all my aptasia within 2-3 days. Be careful thought if you have zoos the smaller pep shrimp will eat the smaller zoos, from what I have heard.........good luck

disgusted

A shot of citric acid will do the trick as well. by that i mean lemon juice or lime juice in a syringe directed at the base of the aptasia. i did it a few years back when i had some growing out of my rock and it did the trick without hurting any of the corals.

disgusted

just be sure you get it at the base. aptasia is pretty much like a weed--when you go to kill a weed you have to aim the poison at the base or else it will just grow back. Aptasia is the same.

doxboi

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate it. I biught a hammer at a LFS and it had one stalk and now there is like 7. I know ruke of thumb if you don't want it don't put it in your tank. Hay if aptasia grows good in your tank does that mean your tank is pretty healthy or is aptasia just that hardy?

disgusted

Aptasia can take over your tank and smother your corals. They will multiply quickly and take over...be sure to start getting at them now!