Aqua C...no skimmate

michelle l

Hi all
I just got my Aqua C Remora Pro, and installed it this afternoon. At first, it foamed like crazy and the cup filled halfway in about an hour with brown water (yeah!). I raised the level of the cup to keep it from overflowing, because we needed to go out for a few hours.
When we returned, the skimmer foam isn't reaching the top of the tube in the cup even at the lowest setting. Is this normal during the break in period?
Thanks!

thegrog

Yep. Normal break in.
I found you can speed it up if you wash it out first using salt mix and a little water. The salt mix acts as an abrasive and helps get some of the oils left over from manufacturing off.

pfitz44

Originally Posted by TheGrog
Yep. Normal break in.
I found you can speed it up if you wash it out first using salt mix and a little water. The salt mix acts as an abrasive and helps get some of the oils left over from manufacturing off.
Completly agree. It did the same thing to me. Give it a week or two and it will be fine. Great skimmer BTW. I love mine!!
~Fitzy

michelle l

Thanks guys! I rinsed mine in water, but not in salt water. Drats!
Last night I did a water change in my tank, and the water got a little cloudy from me messing in the sand. After that the skimmer started pulling a little foam out, so I know it is working alright.
I'm really happy with it...it's not nearly as complicated to use as it sounds like it would be when you read threads about skimmers, but you haven't actually seen the product.

cartman101

Not to hijack your thread but I have one question, howcome my turboflotor skimmer will stop producing foam? When ever it stops producing foam, i clean out the pump and then it will work just fine again but then the next day it wont pull out any foam?? Its almost like I need to clean out the pump every two days. :notsure:

benter

I think my turboflotor goes in cycles..depends on what is in your water, how much you feed and what you dose..or at least that is what it seems like to me..but mine works great. if I don't dose or feed the corals much for a few days it will stop producing as much that's for sure though..