Aqua C Remora Pro Skimmer Question

mikes22123

I have had my tank running for 3 months. Frot he first 2-1/2 months my protein skimmer collected a modest amount of waste, i generally emptied the container every 3-4 days. Suddenly it is filling up daily, sometimes I empty it twice daily. I am concerned with it overflowing. Why is this happening all of a sudden ?

rockies

You may have had something die in your tank. Have you checked your water parameters?
It may also be that your skimmer is not operating correctly. Have you cleaned it properly (used the wire brush on the air device) and cleaned the water pump? I often got different performance after cleaning my Aqua C Remora (not using it any more now that I have a bigger tank).

scubadoo

I have that same skimmer...I purchased the cup with the buit in drain. I ran a tube from the cup to a bucket. I guess I collect 1/2 -1 gallon a week of green nasty water.

thegrog

Give it a good cleaning. Pump, hoses and injector.
For this reason I also have the waste collection container attached. Contact AquaC and they will most likely send you the retrofit kit with instructions for free!! They did for mine!
I now have a 5-liter collection container and it has slipped my mind a few times and totally filled up after 4-5 days!!! Nothing like finding smelly skimmate on the floor at 4am to start your day off on the wrong foot!

scubadoo

Originally Posted by TheGrog
Give it a good cleaning. Pump, hoses and injector.
For this reason I also have the waste collection container attached. Contact AquaC and they will most likely send you the retrofit kit with instructions for free!! They did for mine!
I now have a 5-liter collection container and it has slipped my mind a few times and totally filled up after 4-5 days!!! Nothing like finding smelly skimmate on the floor at 4am to start your day off on the wrong foot!

Same thing has happend to me.