Aqua C Remora Setup Question

kdfrosty

About 3 weeks ago I purchased the Aqua C Remora w/ MJ1200 powerhead. Because I was in a hurry to set it up (I was leaving town for a week), I didnt throughly rinse it before install, however I did rinse slightly.
It's not really even producing nasty foam. In fact, the SeaClone 100 that I used previously produced nastier foam. Why? What can I do to improve the performance?
Does I need to use the adjustable air filter on the MJ1200?

bill109

Originally Posted by KDFrosty
About 3 weeks ago I purchased the Aqua C Remora w/ MJ1200 powerhead. Because I was in a hurry to set it up (I was leaving town for a week), I didnt throughly rinse it before install, however I did rinse slightly.
It's not really even producing nasty foam. In fact, the SeaClone 100 that I used previously produced nastier foam. Why? What can I do to improve the performance?
Does I need to use the adjustable air filter on the MJ1200?
i think it needs time to go through the break in period i bouight mine yesterday .. an urchin pro aqua c remora.. an dit hasnt started yet either.

kdfrosty

Well, it does create some, but it's not the dark stanky stuff like I used to pull out. This is pretty much some salt water with a brown tint.
After reviewing the manual for the skimmer, it says that I dont need it. Does anyone use it differently than recommended

fishy7

My aqua c took 2 months before it really started to work very efficiently. Give it a little time you will not be disappointed.

rcbc3384

I just started mine about 4 days ago and made the same mistake. It is now producing a little foam which under the circumstances is normal (according to the Remora C techies) but you should call them yourself to make sure 858-689-1121. Good luck

bill109

Originally Posted by rcbc3384
I just started mine about 4 days ago and made the same mistake. It is now producing a little foam which under the circumstances is normal (according to the Remora C techies) but you should call them yourself to make sure 858-689-1121. Good luck
yeah but why is mine pulling out soo much water it as more water then stuff being pulled out its bad i have like an icnh of tank with no water cus of it how do i adjust it and will it start to pull out more then a cup full of water everyday cus its not supposed to do tht

kdfrosty

If you're pulling a cup of water a day then something doesnt sound right. I empty mine every week, and it's about 2/3 full

kdfrosty

Update: OK, it's definitely getting goopier now. Patience is a virtue. Thanks for your help guys & gals.