Aqua C Remora skimmer problems

mikeyfish

Hi all, I just wanted feedback on this skimmer. I replaced my crapy prism around 8 days ago with the remora skimmer and this thing isn't any better!! Does it take a long time to break in. It is as loud as the prism and produces sooo many microbubbles that's it's driving me nuts. People who use this skimmer, can you tell me if you had this problem when you first used this skimmer. Will the bubbles substain? I hope the microbubbles aren't a bad thing for my fish. I heard they can affect their gills. I just ordered a Flame Angel from this site (It looks awesome) and he's constantly swimming in the microbubbles.

andrew79

i have the same skimmer and i think its great. it does take about 2 weeks to breakin. mine still produces microbubbles but only a small amount. this skimmer is not very loud at all so you should check that every thing is working correctly and make sure it is insalled evenly. the manufactures are very helpfull you should e-mail them and they will be able to help you more

nas19320

I agree I have the Remora Pro with the Mag 3 and is not all that loud. It makes some noise but nothing compared to the sea clone I had.

aileena

I have the same problem with my remora pro that has the mag 3 pump...tons of microbubbles!!!! Its not all that loud however...
I got rid of it
If I were you I would get the prefilter box...the one for the remora pro w/ mag 3 is huge as hell thats why I am getting rid of it.....I am selling my pro on ---- and just ordered a regular Aqua C remora with prefilter box for maxijet `1200...This I hope will be much better and will produce no bubbles...
what sucks is that I lost 40 on the sale of the pro..

radcast2

hey aileena, I couldnt find the other post, so here you go,
Jason from AquaC said that putting the maxi-jet 1200 on the Pro is not recommended, as it is considered under powering the skimmer, but keep in mind he cant go against what the spec's require. There are many people who use it and think it does a fine job, Local person here has the 1200 on the Pro on his 75g reef and does fine for him.
I would like to know what kind of additives you put in your tank if any. Including food. Also you have a number of posts about this but have you talked to AquaC about this? They may tell you that there is a quick fix for you unit. Especially the noise issue mine is very quiet.
You really should call becuase they might be willing to trade you, your Pro for the standard model. I first bought the Urchin Pro and had nothing but trouble with my overflow and return system and I called them and asked if I could exchange my Urchin for the Remora and they did it. Here is there number 1-858-689-1121
Good Luck