AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer User

luckyever

I am currently using an affordable skimmer - Visi-Jet protein Skimmer. Although it works fine, it produces too much micro-bubbles in the tank. I am thinking about buying an AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer since I read many good comments on this skimmer. My question is, will this skimmer also return micro-bubbles to the tank?
Thanks for your help.

pool-boy

Mine does. Some times are worse than others. Good skimmer though. I'd rather have some bubbles and clean water than no bubbles and poorer water conditions. I hear the pre-filter box helps some, if you've got the room for it.

airforceb2

Also look into an Excalibur. I don't have any bubbles in my water and the skimmer is awesome. The way the return is set up is genius. It is almost impossible for bubbles to get in the tank.

luckyever

Thanks for your reply. I do agree it is better to have clean water with some bubbles. How bad is it? Mine was in tank and bubbles are everwhere.
Excalibur protein skimmer seems like a new product. Any con so far by your experience?

beth

Administrator
Staff member
If you do get bubbles with it, you can install the preskimmer and that should take care of it.

airforceb2

Originally Posted by luckyever
Thanks for your reply. I do agree it is better to have clean water with some bubbles. How bad is it? Mine was in tank and bubbles are everwhere.
Excalibur protein skimmer seems like a new product. Any con so far by your experience?
It isn't very new. Been around for at least a few years. It is made by Advanced Aquaria. They also make custom skimmers for larger tanks.
I really love mine. It pulls a lot of gunk out of the tank and I don't even have any fish. It was VERY easy to set up and started working immediately. After the first water change I didn't have to adjust a thing. It just picked up where it left off. Plus it is fairly quiet as well.

monalisa

Originally Posted by luckyever
I am currently using an affordable skimmer - Visi-Jet protein Skimmer. Although it works fine, it produces too much micro-bubbles in the tank. I am thinking about buying an AquaC Remora Protein Skimmer since I read many good comments on this skimmer. My question is, will this skimmer also return micro-bubbles to the tank?
Thanks for your help.

Hi Lucky,
I also started with the Visi-Jet...ugh...I agree the bubbles were terrible!! :mad:
I ended up investing (more) money and bought an Odyssea pro pack skimmmer, and I've never looked back...really great skimmer in my opinion. It also produced micro bubbles in my tank for a little while until after it was broken in and I learned how to adjust it. Sorry, I can't advise on the AquaC, but I've heard great things about it. Good luck.
Lisa :happyfish

sharkboy97

i got the aqua c remora pro and i love it, it has a mag 3 pump it might be overkill for my 20 gal but it makes it look like there is no water its so clear

mikeyjer

I also have Aqua C Remora skimmer with maxi jet 1200, it works great for me. It does produce micro-bubbles, but most of it goes away after you run it for a couple of week. It seems to return when you clean out the cup though, but then goes away again after a coulpe of hours when it kicks back again. You can get the pre-filter box and it's suppose to help, but it's huge! Good Luck! :happyfish

snailheave

it works very very very well. it's the most hustle-free skimmer i've used. now if they would make a smaller version for smaller tanks that would be great :thinking:

C

civileng68

I have the Aqua C Remora and I still get Micro bubbles but seriously the thing is so great that my water is incredible.
I had a compliment on my water clarity this past weekend, thanks to my Aqua C Remora.
I'm sure there are some other good ones out there but I definately know this is one of them. This thing is TOP NOTCH!
Also as someone else said, the ease of use is incredible. I can empty AND clean the holding cup in less than 1 minute and have it back on the tank and running.