Aquacontroller New Support

fishforme

It seems as though Neptune Systems (Aquacontroller Manufacturer) have change their support/return policy. I have to admit that I am quite upset so this may come off as a hot-headed response.
I've been dealing with Neptune Systems over the past 5 months to help my solve a pH probe problem. Just when I thought I had the problem solved, the whole unit stopped taking pH and ORP readings last Thursday. I called and they want me to send back the unit.
My email is below:
"I am writing to beg and plead for help. I contacted your support team last Thursday about the pH and ORP probes going completely dead. I tried to short both probes (touching the inner core to the outer housing) and it did not change the values to zero ultimately indicating that something is wrong with my Aquacontroller. I was informed to overnight the controller back to you -- you could not send out a loaner. This causes major problems. I am currently controlling 4 fans, 2 metal halides, 2 fluorescent VHO, 2 moon lights, 1 Refugium Light, 4 powerheads, 1 mixer, 2 doser pumps and a Skimmer. I have 16 X-10 modules connected and functioning because the timer is still in working condition. I am begging... pleading... for you to send out a unit as a loaner. I'll give you a credit card number to ease your mind and give you my UPS Account Number. To disconnect the Aquacontroller and turn things on/off manually would definitely cause instability in my system and would be a major inconvenience -- I wouldn't even know where to begin. Please... please help... "
They responded with:
"I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but our policy remains the same. We have been screwed over too many times customers promising to send back loaner even when we have credit card numbers. Months go by, phone calls produce no results, and then you charge the credit card, and finally it is charged back. Too much expense and hassle for us; it is just not worth it. "
So... The Aquacontroller worked great... but I would think twice about purchasing a product and having an entire ecosystem depend on it with this type of product exchange policy. I'm currently investigating other controllers with better policies.