aquacultured maroon

sea goblin

Could the folks who have aquacultured maroon clowns let me know what they think of them. Like are their colors and stripes as good as the wild specimens? and are they as agressive as the wild ones?
thank you,
Sea Goblin

goldenboy

I bought mine from here 3 or 4 months ago. When I got it, it looked like it was orange. It stayed that way for a week or so, then got real nice and dark. It stays at the top of my tank and swims back and forth. It gets along with everything else in my tank. It still has white stripes though.

ukcats

I have one too. It does stay at the top of the tank. However, it comes down to feed or when I stand in front of the tank. Very nice fish. So far he hasn't shown any aggressive behavior at all. I would recommend one.

akinda

i have 2 gold stripe maroons bought them together. I know you arnt suppose to try to pair them but i think i did it. the bigger was real agressive to my smaller for a while but now he just run nd bumps him when eating or something. but they are darker gold stripe maroons. and the biggest ones a char. He thinks hes heman or something trys to atk me the stick if i clean the aquarium and will chase other fish away. he lets the smaller maroon near. but they havnt fully got there stripes in yet and havnt turned gold yet. the white is faintly turning yellow now but they will get it in in time. overall they are my favorite fish.

technik

I just got my aquacultured gold stripe maroon today and it has white stripes. So are they supposed to turn yellow? My old yellow stripe maroon was very yellow when it arrived.

akinda

mines a gold stripe also and there stripes are white and not even the whole way around body if you notive on the pic above but i think he will get them in from they way i understand wild come with striped but in white when young and aqua get there bands in time and they are faintly turning yellow you can notice when light hits him right