aquamedic-turbofloter HELP!

oyam1

well i set it up with a waverunner 2700.
i am feeding the skimmer with a maxijet 1000.
this in-sump
the water is fomming well, but my cup fills with water in about 1 min. to much flow from the PH or to much protine in my water.
the black flow pegs are out.
??? help
they send zero instructions or truble shooting direction.

mburnickas

I have the multi which his the same thing:
Way are you feeding the skimmer with the maxijet and not the waverunner?
It is either too large a pump or it is not getting any air into the pump for skimmer. I know my multi is very touchy with some things (carbon and sometimes new 50 micro pads make water ions go nuts, hence cup fills with water.

oyam1

maxi is for feeding water to skimmer.
i do have the waverunner on the skimmer.
its been a few days and its starting to calm down.
could have just been the skimmmer needed to break in.

squidd

Originally posted by mburnickas
it can take up to 2 months to break in a skimmer.

That seems a bit excessive...
If there is protein in the tank to skim out it should "start" in a few hours and reach "normalized" operating function in a few days...
If the tank is "new" un cycled or has no DOCs it may take some time for the "tank" to build up enough for the skimmer to
function properly...
I have a Multi on one of my tanks running with the Ocean Runner 2700 with the needle wheel Impeller (similar to Euro reef pumps) 500gph...
Mine came with "instructions/troubleshooting book and one of the "Tips" is to "slightly" restrict the pump inlet creating a more powerful venturi, which draws in more air (dryer Foam) and keeps the unit from overrunning and filling the cup with water..
They included the "restrictor" piece in the box...I also received an "extension" to hold the cup an inch higher from the main chamber...This seems to allow the foam to collect and "dry" prior to being pushed through the collection tube..
I actually have to run my "flow peg/adjuster valves" 3/4+ closed to get the thick, dry, gooey, foam to slurp into the collection cup...
Another "tip" was to play with the water depth the skimmer runs in..too deep and you get less air and more water (sounds like what's going on with yours)...
:thinking:

mburnickas

Squidd- I remember reading it on SWF.com that it could be around 1 month. It took mine over 1.25 months to break into. so I rounded up, my mistake.
I also said the 2 months since small bubbles can happen up to three month as posted by 007..."Break-In . . . . it took about three months for this thing to finally stop putting bubbles in the tank, even with the bubble trap."
It just comes down to, it not happening over night and needs to messing around with.
Mine gets real touchy at times for no reason, but the cup extender helps when this happens. Also the "restrict" part, which is gray on mine, was already installed from day 1. I took it out and caused more issues then leaving it in (too much water flow).
**Make sure you have a good airline since Ca deposits can add up and block the air pipe or salt can block it to.
PS. The directions are really poor.
If you need a picture let me know.

squidd

Originally posted by mburnickas
**Make sure you have a good airline since Ca deposits can add up and block the air pipe or salt can block it to.

That is a good tip...I should have mentioned as well...
I tossed the stock silicone hose and replaced it with a 1/4" hard waterline (like from a RO unit)...
I also drilled the air hole in the venturi "up" a size or two...
Just can't seem to leave anything "stock"...:D