Aquapod 12g cooling system

surfertdr

On the aquapod 12g how does the cooling fan work? Is it blowing the air to the tank or is it blowing the air out of the tank so air will be pulled in from the other vent? The reason i am wanting to know is because i have an extra fan and I wanted to put it in but im not to sure how it works. The system is set up for two fans and has a spot for the other fan to plug in. If it is just blowing the air to the tank then i could put both of them in right? if it is circulating the air I was thinking about puting one of them in backwards so one is blowing in the tank and one is blowing out. would this work? any suggestions??
Also my tank is about 81 degrees during the day and in the morning is down to 74 becuase the light is off. do i need a heater to keep the temperature from droping at night?

extremepcs

On my 12g, it appears that the fans only vent the hood lights. They blow out on mine. I assume it helps keep the water temp down by removing heat from the hood.
I can't say for sure on nano tanks, but in computers, any time you put two fans close together blowing in different directions, it creates dead air, menaing little to no movement. Properly designed computer cases suck air in from the front and blow/exhaust it out the back. And yes, I am a major computer geek

bruder

I had a similar problem as you. I now have an average room fan that is propped up and point at the tank (hoodish area) and it has helped a ton. It sounds silly and easy, but it works. Give it a try, what is the worse that happens?

azfishgal

Originally Posted by surfertdr
alright sounds good, but do i need a heater to warm up the water at night?
I would and keep it set for 78. Even if your temp is 81, that's ok, so long as the temp does not flex to far up and down, and going from 81 down to 74 is to much, IMO.