aquapod grids are a peice......

socalracer

just got a aquapod 24 and the surface of the water looks lke crap i searched and found that the solution is covering the intake grids with a peice of acrylic bc water still gets past the inserts (what a crappy design). does anyone know any benefits of the girds? and the people who put the acrylic in front did you glue it on or just wedge it in their?

aquaguy24

i have a aquapod 24g and had the same problem with dirty surface water...how old is ur tank...my surface water cleared up with the tank maturing... my tank is a year old now and the surface is clean..never modified anything.....

socalracer

tank is only about 3 weeks old.......i did read another thread where the people blocked off all of the vents except the top one so the tank would operate more traditionally.......jsut wanted to know if they glued the acrylic or wedged it in there

aquaguy24

mine are just wedged in there.. stays with no problems...i moved the plastic thing that blocks the vents around to where the top is open so it can filter more of the suface water and i also pulled up the sponged so the water wouldn't flow over but thought it instead..but give ur tank some time it will clear up soon enough..