Aquarium Background

evilss

i wouldnt use spray paint if there are fish in the tank already. lots of toxic fumes. i have used just a flat latex paint. goes on easy and has a really great texture when you use a roller. you wont be disappointed. the latex paint doesnt have as much fumes so you may can use it if you have fish in the tank. get some more opinions on that though.

K

kimc

I painted mine with semi gloss latex, midnight sky from home depot. Looks fantastic!!

dskidmore

Back to the paper and posterboard ideas, I color my own paper backgrounds for my fw tank, and cover them with clear contact paper. You still have to deal with the tape, but you can customize the background and keep it waterproof.

ratpack

Originally posted by Benwildog
I would be interested in some blue vinyl for my 110. How much?

$1 per inch. but since i want to get rid of the vynil i have i will charge for the height of your tank not th leght. si a 48" by 12" background will cost $12

benwildog

Ratpack,
My tank is 48 by 30 inches tall, I would be willing to pay $20 plus shipping if interested let me know. I would want a blue vinyl.

B

big911dog

Personally, I painted mine with a flat latex in a midnight blue and I love it! I like the darker colors better than the lighter ones because they seem to make the fish colors stand out more (from what I've seen).
My buddy uses a waterproof material. He puts a thin coat of Vaseline on the back of the tank, places the background on and uses a credit card to squeegie it down in place. It stays pretty well and the Vaseline keeps the salt creep out.
HTH