Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Tap Water Filter (is it anygood)

jpc763

I have one and I am very happy with it. My tap water is very good and this filter takes the last bit out of it. My algae problems went away completely when I started using this product.
My only issues is getting replacement filters. Have to order them as nobody carries them.

robn70

I've tried one for a while when i had my 29 gal tank, But with the well water I had in NJ I was going through the filters too quickly. A RO/DI unit ended up being cheeper for the long term. Now with a 38 and 90 gal it wouldn't be too practical even though my water quality her in VA is way better then it was in NJ. Just some food for thought..

waterlogged

Originally Posted by RobN70
I've tried one for a while when i had my 29 gal tank, But with the well water I had in NJ I was going through the filters too quickly. A RO/DI unit ended up being cheeper for the long term. Now with a 38 and 90 gal it wouldn't be too practical even though my water quality her in VA is way better then it was in NJ. Just some food for thought..
I was going through a filter every 20 gallons.

halostalker

cool thanx im from NY so my water is pretty good that i had no i'll affect up just filling up my SW tank with tap (nun in it just sand and live rock and 2 shrooms for some reason lol). well i guess i'll get this b/c i agree geting a RO/DI is better in the long run i don't have that money on me right now=P