aquarium pharmaceuticals tests

hasq

I have a procedural question regarding this test kit. I noticed that the copper test indicates that the cap should be removed and "to view the color of the solution by looking down from above (through tube from top to bottom)". However, the Saltwater Master kit (ph, amonia, nitrite, and nitrate) does not indicate to do this. Therefore, what is the most accurate way to view these tests: through the side or from above? I don't see why someone can't create a test kit that resembles a pregnancy test: blue means ph of 8.0, pink means 8.1 and so on.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Follow the instuctions of the test kit. Some say look down from the the top, and some say to hold it against the "white" portion of the test card and veiew thru the glass tub.
And, yes, they do have test kits now that you can just dip stick in the water and watch the test area turn a certain color for the results.

kris

I'm with you all the way, make them a little more simple!!!!! I usually have a shot ot two of tequila first, then read them--and suddenly they all seem so clear.!!!!!!!!!

dennish

I am dissapointed with the chincy(sic?) color charts printed in the booklet (for the master saltwater kit anyway). I see some tests (I think they where the SeaTesT kits) have a translucent color chart that is attached to the test tube. That seems like it would be much easier to compare. The only down side is I believe they use grainulars rather than liquid test material. Has anyone used both- I would like a comparitive between the two.

fishgirl

SeaTest does use granulars, and I have aquarium pharmesudicals for everything else, but for ammonia I use SeaTest. (this is for no reason in particular, just that's what my lfs had at the time i needed one.) SeaTest is more annoying to preform, but it is much easier to read, and more acuurate, than the other brand. Hope this helps.