Aquarium pics: rays, scoripionfish, triggers

moraym

I was up in Baltimore this weekend and have a membership to their aquarium, so I snapped some pictures since the place was empty. I'll post all 55 pics on the photo forum when I get the time, but here's the aggressives for you guys.

moraym

Here's a little description of the layout:
Aquarium goes around in three or so levels around the "wings in the water" display. Then you get to the top and an outdoor (greenhouse) rainforest area, and you come back down through a three-story column of the Atlantic Reef. The bottom of that column has a shark level with sand tigers, nurses, etc. And below that is a really cool underwater window to see the "wings in the water" display with rays, tarpon, zebra sharks, and a couple other smaller shark species that escape me.
Here's a layout shot:

moraym

Wings in the Water - ray near the drop-off to the deeper end (where most of the sharks stay)

moraym

Shipwreck-themed tank - HUGE green moray hanging out in the back amongst some barrels

moraym

Theyve got a large outdoor crystal greenhouse that is a simulated rainforest. Theyve got a big ray in a pretty small tank, this shot's taken through a few inches of acrylic: