Aquascaping pic:)

F

fishlovr

Just finished aquascaping my new 75 gallon. It's going to be a FOWLR tank......can't wait for the cycle to finish!

F

fishlovr

Thanks, Seabry:) There's 90 pounds in there......I just hope the next 4 to 6 weeks fly by!

seabry

make sure to keep us posted on the proggress. I'm really interested in that you are going to put in it.;)

angelofish

" It's going to be a FOWLR tank" Sure it will. LOL Thats what I said in the beginning. Then I started wondering what else I can put it there. Check out what I got in there now. Warning: SW can be contagious.:D

F

fishlovr

Thanks to everyone that replied:) I appreciate your taking time to give me your input. There are 3 1/2 bags of Southdown in the tank which would be 175 pounds of sand. That ended up giving me a 4 inch bed. I'll monitor the ammonia trites and trates every few days and see where I am. Hope it cycles faster than I expect:) As for fish......I have a 5 inch volitan lion just waiting to get out of the 20L he's in right now......I actually set up the 75 for him! I also have a huge red-spotted hermit crab who sports a 4 inch shell, plus a blue spiny lobster (4 inches now) waiting for their new home. I'd like to put a planktonic trigger and one more fish in to keep "Leo" my lion company........I'd also like to put a shamefaced crab in.....they look so neat! I"ll keep you posted on how the tank is progressing. I won't be tempted to make it a reef as I already have a 58 reef. Here's a pic of it.......

ophiura

I'm jealous too!
Forget the fish, I could see some very happy brittlestars in there :D !! (Actually they're probably in there already!). Nice job! Do keep us posted!
(oops, just saw above post, so no brittles I guess :) triggers, hermits and lobsters like brittles too much)

F

fishlovr

Thanks, Susan:) I actually want to get one of those large (kenya I think) starfishes for my tank. It has to be large and I want colorful......any suggestions?

ophiura

This is for the FOWLR?
The red african...or whatever else it is called....is probably one of the most colorful that is suitable for a kinda aggressive FO. Some general stars can be pretty. A bahama star isn't too bad either. I'll ponder this a bit more....:)

F

fishlovr

Do ponder some more, Susan.......I want something hardy but pretty. Another reefer mentioned the general star to me too. Thanks, Mercedes, glad you like the tank......

F

fishlovr

Glad you like the tank carsgirlsnfish:) It takes me a long time to get things the way I want them.....seems like they are always a work in progress. I guess all tanks are!

F

fishlovr

Thanks, Ty:) It's located in our kitchen......every morning I'll get to watch the fishies swim while I eat breakfast.....can't wait!

F

fishlovr

Thanks, JtL:) From the looks of things in your signature you have a pretty nice tank going for yourself.......have to send us a pic when you can.....
Janey