ARAG ALIVE vs. NATURE'S OCEAN BIO ACTIVE LIVE SAND

i am here

Could anyone give me their opinions on these live sand products. Are there any differences?? Nature's Ocean refer's to is bio activ aragonite as instant cycling. Are there differences in their concentration of bacteria?? Thanks for any of your thoughts.

maxalmon

I remeber reading the the info on this bag when I was setting up my tank, something about bio-encapusalted or stabalized bacteria blah blah blah, just take it for granted that no matter what you use for LS or LR, your tank is going to cycle. "Just be safe" and ignore these claims, they may or may not work, but why take the chance along with the chance of including some strange chemicals into your new tank, use a shrimp!

oozy

hi,
I have used Natures Ocean for several of my tanks. Here is the deal with it.
No matter what your tank must cycle, via LR, or dead shrinp method...ect.
You may add Natures ocean when ever you want and it will not cause your tank to "recycle"
as opposed to adding more LR of LS which may have some die off and cause a "recycle".
there is no such thing as an "instant cycle" product that works.
with that said, you could use or buy LR or LS that has already been "cured" and you may not experience a cycle. It all really depends on how much die off you have.
so, Natures ocean contains bacteria only, no critters that could die, there for it wont cause a cycle.
hope this helps.
-Oozy-