Are angels hardy?

clwhite

I have been told that angels have about a 50/50 chance of adjusting to an aquarium. I purchased a flame... that didn't make it longer than a week. It was quarantined at the store for about 2 weeks before I purchased it. I hate to spend 50 more dollars for a brilliant fish that is not going to adjust. Could some one please educate me on Angels. thanks

kris

I never had any luck with the Flame either, but some of the rest of the pygmys should be hardy enough.

I have a flame, queen,emporier and a cortez and they have all done very well, they also love romaine lettuce.
Originally posted by clwhite:
I have been told that angels have about a 50/50 chance of adjusting to an aquarium. I purchased a flame... that didn't make it longer than a week. It was quarantined at the store for about 2 weeks before I purchased it. I hate to spend 50 more dollars for a brilliant fish that is not going to adjust. Could some one please educate me on Angels. thanks

trigga

I have killed 2 Angel in a 20 gallon tank and 1 so far in my 75 gallon. At the moment I have a Potter's Angel that i still living.

the rock

the rock says...
what are your water conditions? did you acclimate properly and do you have the proper environment setup in your tank to make the angel happy? some angels will do just fine but there are a few that can be difficult to keep. you are talking about the dwarf angels, the bi color is probably the most difficutl, while the potters is often times difficult as well, the coral beauty and flame are much more hardy, the pygmy and flame back are also hardy, the larger full size angels are a whole 'nother story