Are purple pseudos known for jumping??

corally

I have had mine for four months and have never had a cover on my tank, today I came home and it had decided to kill itself.
I loved that fish, it was very docile for a pseudo.

aceroc

Mine has never even tried to jump out and i don't have lids. He comes right to the top and eats. Got it about 5 months ago.

corally

Is he nice? I have read on here that they are generally VERY nasty. I would love to get another one but I'm afraid.

aceroc

Mine is friendly as can be. He will nip but only at feeding time otherwise he doesn't bother a soul and swims in and out of the rocks.

corally

Cool. I just got a purpleback pseudo for my 30 gallon tank, but it's only in there with a lobster. BTW, I forgot to tell you to feed your anemone with a turkey baster or feeding prong so you don't get stung, that is not fun. :scared:

wax32

Mine beats up on both of my mandarins and my yellow watchman goby. They all have torn fins. I am hoping he will figure out that it isn't doing any good and stop doing it.

bozfamily

Mine was very aggresive until i bought my clown. The clown bullied him a little and now they are great. and yes whenever i do my water changes he will try to jump other than that ive had him about 8 months and no trouble. B ut now ill keep and eye on it. ***)

wla1610

I have one and I've never had to worry about him jumping. I also have a purple firefish and he like to chase the firefish around. So far he only chases the firefish. He hasn't been overly aggressive so I'm thinking I got lucky. As someone said above, they can be very nasty.

ktsdad

Ours dissappeared after about a month or so, we do have lids on the tank and the overflow.
While doing some rewiring on the back of the tank, we found him on the carpet.
Best guess is he jumped when I had the lids off for cleaning.

I agree that they are cool fish!

gordie9

I've had mine about a month or so. Tank is covered, but he does come right up to the top at feeding time. He comes right up to the glass any time I'm close. Mine seems very docile so far. He's in there with a pair of clowns, cleaner shrimp, and some snails. I'm hoping all the horror stories are exagerated, but I haven't had any problems so far. knock on wood

mikeyjer

It's always 50/50 with any fish, you never know how they will act, it's all an individual thing.... :happyfish