Are some anemones easier than others?

dynagirl

I have a 54 corner tank with 280 watt lighting (2 atinic, 1 halide). I would like to purchase an anemone that a clown would maybe host....what are the more hardy kinds? Is my lighting strong enough?

blueface

I would go w/ a bta or a rbta. They both should do fine in your tank as long as its at least 6 months old. I would try to find somebody local w/ a clone so you are sure to get a healthy one.

speg

What kinda clowns are you wanting to go with?
If you're unsure on your anemone-keeping-skillz... you could try a condy/tomato clown combo... I know people say that its really rare for a tomato to host one.. but I see it happen a lot.

kelly shaw

friend of mine has 2 tomato clowns hosting a condi. i just got 2 percs. i have a condi also. condi got mixed up in the powerhead last night. only some tentacles got damaged. i am getting ready to add my percs. i hope they take to him good.

hot883

My clowns never hosted my LTA but they did my featherduster that was 2-3" from the LTA. Ha!

hot883

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Lmao! Were you pleased with this or not?
I would have been happy for them to host a crab shell. Ha! It's actually common for tank raised clowns to NOT host anemones.

alyssia

Originally Posted by hot883
I would have been happy for them to host a crab shell. Ha! It's actually common for tank raised clowns to NOT host anemones.

So I'm not the only one that has clowns that won't host? I have a bta, hairy mushrooms, and feather dusters and my clowns have no interest in any of them.