Are these SPS corals?

newsalt16

Merry Christmas to all!!! Hey I finally got some money to add some corals to my tank. I have a 54g corner with 260watts of pc lights. I was once told by a bunch of people on here that i could keep sps corals which i forget what that stands for. I have a bunch of mushrooms and zoas and some xenias. I was wanting to put either a bubble coral or a hammer coral or maybe both in my tank (Lord willing my GSM's will host one of them). Are these considered sps and will they thrive in my tank? Thanks for the help!!!
ryan

yosemite sam

Bubble and Hammer corals are LPS corals. I would not try keeping most SPS corals under pc lighting.
SPS=Small polyped Scleractinian (stoney) coral
LPS=Large polyped Scleractinian (stoney) coral

newsalt16

So should i keep LPS? Maybe thats what i was told? And if so i could keep hammers and bubble? Thanks for the help!!

trippkid

You should be fine with LPS and softies with the lighting you have, may need to move them around some until you find a spot they really like.

Matt

dragonboy

Actually you can keep sps depends on certain kinds but sometimes even some acro's can be kept under PC so base on how well the you got responds to PC or not. I've seen people can keep them but for longer not too sure.