are you lucky with these?

damsel

just came home from my lfs and proudly resisted the impulse buy. fell in love with three fish, something called a coral beauty, a clown triggerfish, and a small bright orange fish with black stripes and some purple, i think it was a flame angel. i have a new 65 gal. set up and am still cycling with l.r. and damsels. does anyone have and or reccomend any of the mentioned fish? i am pretty sure the trigger fish is not an option as i plan to have some live corals eventually but what beautiful fish they are. suggestions? thanks in advance

kris

I'm impressed you resisted. The pygmy angels are some of my favorites (which is what the coral beauty and the flame angels are) I currently have a coral beauty and a lemonpeel (bear in mind most experts say only one pygmy per tank) They have been very easy to keep happy. The flame on the other hand, well I killed two. I'm still not sure why exactly, one lived about three months and the other 4, seemed happy, eating well, and then..belly up, just like that. Trust your judgement on the trigger, if you really want one in your community tank, get a small one and put it in very last, and of course no other small fish.

H

hairtriggered

I knew there was someone I forgot in my posted list of inhabitants, we have a Clown trigger and you're probably right... he'd eat your corals. They are beautiful though!
The Coral Beauty and Flame Angel are great reef inhabitants but you might want to wait a while until your tank is better established. As long as the pigmy angels (the family to which these belong) don't look too similar, they'll get along just fine. Check out the Potter's angel too; they are really cool! They like all the cubby-holes a reef tank will provide for security. They're relatively easy to feed and graze on whatever is available. Good luck!

the rock

the rock says....
one dwarf angel per tank, don't risk it in such a small tank, possibly if they are introduced at the same time or the rockwork is rearranged if introduced at different times, but why bother, just choose your favorite one and stick with that. clown trigger no, coral beauty or flame angel yes.

chrisd

well i have never had a problem with coral beauties. i think that they make a great fish. wit my experence. you can mix different fish togther but be careful. they dont alway get along.

etpuffer

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????