ARGH!!! Clumsy Lionfish!

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Debbie
Say does anyone know if lionfish will eat bristleworms?
Deb
No they will not.
However, I got my lions to eat frozen food by training them to eat out of my hand. I would hand feed them ghost shrimp and after time, they just got so used to eating out of my hand that they had no problem accepting frozen food (specifically krill and silver sides).

debbie

Oh, my lionfish eats all frozen foods. That is not the problem, I just have an over abundance of these darn worms and was hoping that maybe the lionfish would snack on them too.
I don't understand how I have so many of them when I feed very little to my fish, there is never anything really on the bottom as they clean it all up before it sinks. And the lionfish nothing gets that food, it is gone in no time.
Anyone know of an invert that will eat bristleworms for sure????
Deb

B

barkdog

I had my lion on prepared foods in a matter of days. Dont feed him for 2-3 days and try again. I started the fish on freeze dried krill. I think it works well because its really stinky and the smell seems to get his attention. I found these two ways to get him to eat:
1) With a feeding stick make the food act afraid of the lion... I got him interested by making the food look like it was trying to run away or hide.
2) Hold the food in your fingers and flick it at the lion. I think the flick makes a water movement like a shrimp snapping its tail
After a few days of that he got used to it and now eats anyting that floats his way. I even saw him eat flake food the other day.