ARO AS-220 VHO ballast or icecap URI A4

dadummy

hello there,
looking into VHO ballasts. I can get an ARO AS-220 VHO ballast, reflector, endcaps,standoffs and power cord for almost half the price of one icecap ballast.
Is this a good ballast?
thanks for your time

92protruck

I run both the ARO 220 and URI A4 side by side. It's been about 3 months and so far no difference that I can see except the A4 is a little cooler to the touch. The ARO has a 1 yr warranty and the A4 a 2 yr.

dapperdan

That Hellolights ARO 220 ballast is just a re-labled Advance or Magnetic ballast and only does 2 lamps but the A4 light 4 lamps. Not exactly comparing apples to apples. If you want a cheap ballast just visit your local electrical supply distributor. I'm not real fond of a company that re-lables other companies products. How do you know what your even buying is made for what you're actually using it to do?
DD

ohioreef

Originally Posted by dapperdan
That Hellolights ARO 220 ballast is just a re-labled Advance or Magnetic ballast and only does 2 lamps but the A4 light 4 lamps. Not exactly comparing apples to apples. If you want a cheap ballast just visit your local electrical supply distributor. I'm not real fond of a company that re-lables other companies products. How do you know what your even buying is made for what you're actually using it to do?
DD

Do you realize how many companies simply relabel items as their own?!?