Around the tank

sandman12

green ric(s). i started with 1 mouth now i have 3, the wierd thing is that the mouths didnt split they just developed new ones and they r all still attached.

robchuck

Originally posted by sandman12
green ric(s). i started with 1 mouth now i have 3, the wierd thing is that the mouths didnt split they just developed new ones and they r all still attached.

My blue rics were like that for awhile, but they finally split about 4-5 months after first showing new mouths.
I was a proud papa the first time I saw one of the mouths as part of a ricordea seperate from the rest!

flatzboy

Also could you give us some specs like lighting, filtration, and stuff like that? This your 135g, right? I can't get over the size of that clam!

sandman12

2-400w MH 10k
29g fuge
29g sump
1/3hp chiller plumbed outside
ranco dual stage controller
auto-top off
CPR overflow
mag 18 return pump
U should come over some time, i will let u know when the next reef meeting is.

flatzboy

Originally posted by sandman12
2-400w MH 10k
29g fuge
29g sump
1/3hp chiller plumbed outside
ranco dual stage controller
auto-top off
CPR overflow
mag 18 return pump
U should come over some time, i will let u know when the next reef meeting is.

That would be awesome. I can't wait to get some ps frags. Also how do you think sps and clams will do under 2x175 watt metal halides and 4x75 watt vho. I hope I can grow some acros so we can trade in the future.

sandman12

should do awsome under that. Great lighting. U may need a chiller.....When u make ur canopy make a slit at each end so u can slide a plexi glass cover in it like the hoods u buy, then put fans at each side (4.5" i know a guy that sells them) this may avoid needing a chiller. I saw it done on a 180g and it worked great.

flatzboy

I'm hopingi won't need a chiller. I just got finished building my custom acrylic refugium. Its pretty nice for my first acrylic project.